With a multi-cultural team of managers I am coaching in a large company, I have been very impressed by the capacity that we all have to transform instinctively a challenge into a buying process. The team was in charge of finding ways to develop internal networks. On their exploration journey, they discovered a vendor of “Enterprise Social Networks”. Despite the fact that every other company they had benchmarked told them about the secondary relevance of tools as compared with the importance of culture and management acceptance, it was as if they were mesmerized by the tool – even when they could have find one for free on the Web for their prototyping purpose. Isn’t getting so quickly into our purchasing habit an evil that companies have built in us for consumption but that now works against common sense in the workplace ?
- RT @flowchainsensei: “The only reason an organization has dead wood is that management either hired dead wood or it hired live wood and kil… 1 month ago
- RT @panu_liira: Thanks for a great discussion @isaacgetz @LaurentiusMag Waiting to read the next book!! #freedomincbook #leadership @Reakto… 3 months ago
- Beautiful and amazing "Our Smallness and the Cosmic Scale: How Big the Universe Is Relative to Us, Animated" #feedly brainpickings.org/2017/03/29/ted… 4 months ago
- RT @getstoried: Listening can be transformative. https://t.co/gZBudolVDt 6 months ago
- Must watch youtube.com/watch?feature=… laurentmarbacher.wordpress.com/2016/11/08/mus… 9 months ago
- Follow Laurent Marbacher on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages