With a multi-cultural team of managers I am coaching in a large company, I have been very impressed by the capacity that we all have to transform instinctively a challenge into a buying process. The team was in charge of finding ways to develop internal networks. On their exploration journey, they discovered a vendor of “Enterprise Social Networks”. Despite the fact that every other company they had benchmarked told them about the secondary relevance of tools as compared with the importance of culture and management acceptance, it was as if they were mesmerized by the tool – even when they could have find one for free on the Web for their prototyping purpose. Isn’t getting so quickly into our purchasing habit an evil that companies have built in us for consumption but that now works against common sense in the workplace ?
- RT @OpenIDEO: There are many common confusions associated w/ developing a #growthmindset. Let's clear those up: ideo.pn/2A2Fdlt 1 day ago
- RT @NoraBateson: Complexity matters. Universal solutions & unifying strategies are NOT a good idea even though they may appear so. A hunt f… 1 week ago
- The 25 Principles for Adult Behavior: JP Barlow > List of Wise Rules to Live By goo.gl/JvfxWk via @openculture 2 weeks ago
- RT @ottoscharmer1: The problem with leadership today is that most people think of it as being made up of individuals, with one person at th… 1 month ago
- RT @EntProgres: Laurent Marbacher, expert APM (Association Progrès du Management) : "L’humanité de l’#entreprise ne dépassera pas le degré… 1 month ago
- Follow Laurent Marbacher on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages