With a multi-cultural team of managers I am coaching in a large company, I have been very impressed by the capacity that we all have to transform instinctively a challenge into a buying process. The team was in charge of finding ways to develop internal networks. On their exploration journey, they discovered a vendor of “Enterprise Social Networks”. Despite the fact that every other company they had benchmarked told them about the secondary relevance of tools as compared with the importance of culture and management acceptance, it was as if they were mesmerized by the tool – even when they could have find one for free on the Web for their prototyping purpose. Isn’t getting so quickly into our purchasing habit an evil that companies have built in us for consumption but that now works against common sense in the workplace ?
- RT @happyhenry: 1: Start with purpose 2: Simplify everything 3: Only do things that are needed 4: Managers are coaches 5: "what can we do t… 2 days ago
- RT @jhagel: Beware of the dominant assumption that the brain is a computer that processes information - @dweinberger suggests this metaphor… 3 days ago
- RT @ottoscharmer1: Energy follows attention. Wherever you put your attention as a leader, that’s where the energy of your team tends to go.… 1 week ago
- RT @stevewoz: Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak’s simple formula for happiness cnbc.com/2018/02/02/app… 2 weeks ago
- RT @itpedeau: So true twitter.com/wef/status/956… 2 weeks ago
- Follow Laurent Marbacher on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages